Senior Process Engineer
Work as a team player with company employees on assignments. Work toward building consensus on assignments by finding solutions which meet the best interests of all parties involved.
1) Develop process flow diagrams (PFDs).
2) Develop gas, water, and solids mass and energy balances.
3) Develop Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and oversee their issue.
4) Develop equipment and line list and oversee their issue.
5) Develop duty specifications for equipment.
6) Assign process data for control valves and instrumentation.
7) Working knowledge of in-house software.
8) Perform and document process calculations, develop standard calculation methods, and check calculations by other process engineers.
9) Develop new in-house software calculations when needed.
10) Serve as Lead Process Engineer for a project. As required, take direction from project management or other Chief Engineers.
11) Review vendor documents and documents from other disciplines.
12) Contribute to the preparation of plant operating instructions.
13) Review logic diagrams prepared by E&I department.
14) For new systems and processes, develop logic diagrams in coordination with E&I department and other disciplines.
15) Evaluate existing and new process designs, keeping safety in mind.
16) Participate in Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) reviews. Lead PHA reviews (if trained).
17) Participate in client training (phase 1 training).
18) Participate in plant start-ups and plant troubleshooting.
19) Assist with proposal preparation when needed.
20) Perform engineering man-hour estimates.
1. Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering.
2. Minimum ten (10) years experience in a technical or industrial environment.
Why is This a Great Opportunity
3. World leader in their Technology and provide solutions to other companies around the world!
Private Notes To Members
They would love to see candidates that are military Veterans… may be hard to find with this skill set.
Minimum ten (10) years experience in a technical or industrial environment, preferably related to steel industry or seven (7) years experience in the Direct Reduction industry.
10% to 25% International and Domestic travel based on project demands.
1. Proficient computer skills including use of Autodesk and Microsoft products.
2. Excellent base of chemical engineering technical skills and knowledge of processes.
3. Ability to meet schedule and deliverable deadlines.
4. Excellent technical writing and interpersonal skills.
5. Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, sometimes for long
1) Experience with chemical process simulators (e.g. Aspen Plus).
2) Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) or HAZOP facilitator certification.
3) Professional Engineer registration.
4) Industrial plant experience
5) International travel experience.