Release & Reliability Engineer
|You would be part of a new Operations team that will work closely with developers helping them with the day to day operations.
As part of this team, you will build or use tools to collect and analyze data that will help understand the quality of services and debug operational related issues
You will be responsible to:
1. Implement tools to scale applications written in various languages (Java, C++, etc.), setup alerts and monitoring.
2. Help the software development teams with reviewing and collecting information related to
3. Review and document complex projects with many stakeholders.
4. Research and deploy new technologies to drive innovation and continuous improvement at our client
1. Bachelor’s Degree (or higher), in Computer Science or any STEM-related discipline.
2. 5 years of experience in Java, C/C++, Python and/or shell scripting.
3. Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems, especially Red Hat distributions.
4. Experience configuring, deploying, monitoring, and supporting Java and Python applications
5. Familiarity with distributed version control systems, especially Git.
6. Self-starter attitude that is comfortable working both independently and collaborating with your team.
Good to have:
1) Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware, Docker, and Kubernetes.
2) A systematic problem-solving approach coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
Why is This a Great Opportunity
Tremendous opportunity to work for one of the most successful, stable and growing global Financial firms.
Our client has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for almost five decades. They quite literally invented the first electronic trading-floor technology. With that said, they take tremendous pride in being primarily a technology company.
This is a Hybrid role- 3 days onsite and 2 days remote
This job can be located in either Greenwich, CT or mid-town NYC
Excellent pay and benefits and the company has an unbelievable track record of employee loyalty and retention