A multi-national global-leading manufacturing and technology corporation has an immediate need for a manufacturing-based Maintenance Electrical Engineer for their key North American operations located in the Decatur, AL, area. In this position, you’ll support the plant’s power systems needs of both continuous and batch process systems. Your focus will be on maintaining and improving the performance and reliability of site electrical systems and equipment.
Prompt, regular, and dependable attendance is an essential function of this job.
• Serve as the Site Electrical Engineer working for the Maintenance Department.
• Maintain and update plant electrical single line diagrams and associated Arc Flash Analysis / Labeling.
• Serve as an Authority having Jurisdiction (AHJ) for NPFA 70E compliance.
• Specify appropriate Preventive Maintenance (PMs) / Predictive Maintenance (PdMs).
• Provide Maintenance Functional input to new Process Equipment Purchase Specifications to ensure adequacy.
• Provide direction to Electricians, Mechanics, and other staff disciplines to support projects and maintenance efforts.
• Ability to collaborate with I&E Technicians and Management alike.
• As needed, willing to train co-workers in role’s areas of expertise.
• Participate Pre-Start-Up-Safety-Reviews to ensure safe commissioning and system start-up.
• Participate in specifying on-site maintenance and repair capability and tooling requirements.
• Recommend improvements based on Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) findings.
• Establish critical equipment spares.
• Recommend equipment reliability improvements by doing analysis of equipment trends, historical, and field data.
• Ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and plant requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications and/or technical drawings.
• Establish construction, manufacturing, or installation standards or specifications by performing a wide range of detailed calculations.
• Ensure compliance with specifications, codes, or plant requirements by directing or coordinating installation, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, documentation, support, or testing activities.
• Knowledge of PLCs, Instruments, DCS systems, UPS systems, and control valves.
• Additional assignments as deemed necessary by management.
$80000-$115000 and bonus up to 12%