VP, Portfolio Manager – Commercial Lending
Portfolio Manager (“PM”) is responsible for maintaining and monitoring the existing commercial loan portfolio and working closely with the SRM who owns the relationship of these accounts. PM is expected to maintain close contact with these clients and leverage the relationship to identify and bring in additional new business opportunities, both in loans and Bank’s other products and services. PM is expected to provide “best-in-class” service to these loan clients while following established Bank’s policies and procedures.
· PM is to work closely with SRM(s) and Team Managers on the assigned loan portfolio by monitoring and managing the credit quality of such portfolio.
· Review to ensure each credit is properly risk-rated based on the Bank’s risk rating system.
· Maintain and grow existing client relationships, and cross-sell Bank’s other products and services.
· Specifically accountable for credit underwriting and origination of new credits from the existing client base, portfolio monitoring, renewals, amendments and annual reviews.
· Work with the designated underwriter, loan assistants and other loan support staff to prepare the Credit Commitment Report (“CCR”)
· Reviews client’s accounts and portfolios in order to identify, evaluate and determine the appropriate course of action on potential credit quality issues in order to maximize credit quality and minimize risk and potential loss to the Bank.
· Ensure compliance with Bank, regulatory and credit requirements with emphasis on best-in-class customer service while adhering to required timeframes from the client.
· 5-7 years of commercial loan account relationship management experience, credit underwriting experience or a combination of both. Thorough knowledge of lending regulations and credit/underwriting practices.
· Must have strong loan portfolio management experience.
· Must possess strong loan negotiation (rates, terms, collateral requirements) experience.
· Must possess previous underwriting experience in the requisite area of commercial lending.
· Must have extensive knowledge and understanding of Bank’s credit policy, risk management, underwriting requirements and loan servicing.
· Must have strong knowledge and understanding of commercial and specialty group banking products and services and have demonstrated ability to cross-sell such products.