Sr. Java Developer in Stamford, CT- Full Time/Direct Hire
A team that builds and supports vital applications for back office, accounting, and regulatory reporting applications that process data for our Client’s companies around the world.
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer to manage the software development life cycle, from planning and prioritizing to testing and release, with good technical knowledge and the ability to communicate effectively.
The position is well-suited for an organized individual who can meet deadlines, follow written procedures, and collaborate effectively with others
What will be your responsibilities: • Designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems.
• Optimizing and refactoring existing code for improved reliability and performance. Communicating and collaborating on development tasks with other group/department members.
• Reviewing code changes made by other developers to ensure correctness, efficiency, readability, and conformity with best practices
• Working with various internal stakeholders and developers on implementing solutions in production and development environments
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related degree
• Five-plus years of experience in the design and implementation of medium to large applications
• Five-plus years of hands-on development experience using core Java; at least one year using Java 1.8 or later a plus
• Object-oriented design and understanding of commonly used design patterns
• Experience with JDBC and relational databases, preferably Oracle.
• Working knowledge of Linux/Unix, along with scripting skills in Perl or Python a plus.
• Demonstrate excellent collaboration and communication skills in working closely with other development teams to roll out important changes and applications.
• Knowledge of financial instruments is a plus; otherwise, you have the desire to learn about and understand financial instruments and concepts.
(Preferred but not a must) Nice to have:
• Experience with Git, Gerrit, and/or Ivy.
• Experience with European Union (EU) regulatory reporting. (MiFIR, EMIR, etc.).
• Experience with developing applications hosted on application servers such as JBoss.
• Experience with SWIFT MT or MX messaging
To be successful in this position, you will have the following:
Why is This a Great Opportunity
Excellent pay and benefits and the company has an unbelievable track record of employee loyalty and retention
Three days onsite in their CT location.
If interested share your resume at email@example.com